Recommended depth for installation of mulch is 3 inches, starting 2 to 3 inches away from the plant stems and trunks. Quality mulch not only enhances the beauty of your gardens, but also adds health to the soil when it decomposes.
- Double Ground Hardwood – This mulch stays in-place even on slight slopes. It’s attractive and is moderately long lasting.
- Cedar Mulch – This mulch comes shredded in natural or dye-colored red or black.
- Forest Blend – This is a combination of aged Spruce and Pine.
- Pine/Spruce Mulch – This mulch is a blend of natural Pine and Spruce.
- Sweet Peet® – A compost material mixed with topsoil to provide nutrients in vegetable and perennial gardens and also used as mulch.